Frequently Asked Questions
Body damage can come in all shapes and sizes. It could be serious if your vehicle was in a collision or a tree limb came down on it in a heavy storm, but it could also be very minor if there’s just a scratch or dent.
In either case, it’s important to know where to find a reliable collision center near Fairlawn, Akron, and Cleveland, OH. That’s where our team at Montrose Ford of Fairlawn can help. Our certified technicians can repair all kinds of collision damage.
What should I do in case I’m in an accident?
- Stop your vehicle. If you drive away, you could be charged with a “hit and run”.
- If you are blocking traffic in a dangerous place, pull off to the side of the road or into a well-lit parking lot.
- Contact the authorities. Try to assess the scene to see if anyone else is hurt. Wait for the ambulance and/or police.
- Turn off your vehicle and wait for assistance.
- Be courteous to all parties.
- If you suspect the other driver might be drunk, do not confront him or her. Tell the police and let them handle the situation.
- Make sure you are as calm as possible before making any statements or speaking to the police.
- Take photos before you leave the scene.
- Avoid making statements about responsibility to the other driver, witnesses, police or anyone else. Do not state that you are at fault, even if you think you may have caused the accident.
- Contact your insurance company once you are calm and have gathered pertinent information. They will likely interview you on the spot and request photos.
- Acquire a copy of the police report.
- Call us for assistance with repairs to your vehicle.
What should I do after the accident?
- Do not drive your vehicle if it is unsafe. If you can safely drive your vehicle, bring it to us as soon as possible.
- If you cannot operate your vehicle, call us and we can tow your vehicle for you.
- Remember that you have the right to go to the repair shop of your choice. Your insurance company or the other driver’s insurance company cannot require you to go to a particular repair shop.
- Differences in repair shop estimates are common. It is your vehicle, you deserve the highest quality repairs. Read the fine print and consider carefully before you accept the lowest repair estimate.
What if my insurance company says I have to get 3 estimates or that I have to go to another repair shop and meet with their adjuster?
- Tell them NO and you are dropping your car off at the shop of your choice to get repaired and the adjuster can inspect your vehicle with the body shop manager. It is your vehicle and you have the right to get your vehicle fixed where you want. We work for you, not the insurance company.
Can you communicate with my insurance company on my behalf to work out the details?
- Absolutely.We take care of the estimate and notify you when the vehicle can go in for service. Most times, the insurance company will pay us directly so that you don’t have to worry about payment. You will likely have to pay a deductible depending on your insurance. Contact us today to learn more about the process.
I need my vehicle back ASAP. How can you get me back on the road?
- Once we write your estimate, it is approved and you authorize us to begin work, we will set up a timeline and let you know when your vehicle will be ready. It may take a few days in order to deliver the best work. If you need to get back on the road before then, we will be happy to set up a rental car for you, and in many cases, can communicate with your insurance company to handle the payment.
How do I know that I am getting the best service?
- We know what we’re doing and consistently offer the best customer service. Our technicians also continue their education in the automotive arena, consistently learning about the latest innovations and technology in body repair. Our technicians are I-CAR trained and ASE certified. These credentials ensure that you get quality repairs by knowledgeable automotive professionals.
Do you charge for estimates?
- No. We provide free estimates as a courtesy to our customers
Do I need to make an appointment for an estimate?
- Estimates are written during normal shop hours. While an appointment is not required, it is a good idea to check ahead. In fact, you are welcome to get an online estimate on our website.
Are the repairs guaranteed?
- Yes. We provide a written guarantee of workmanship and a limited lifetime warranty on all auto body repairs and painting.
Will the parts be ordered before I drop off my vehicle for repair?
- Absolutely. We generally order your vehicle’s parts at the time that we write up the estimate and schedule your vehicle drop-off a couple of days later unless your vehicle is found unsafe to drive, then we would help you arrange for a rental vehicle as soon as possible. This enables us to provide quicker turnaround time.
If my vehicle’s frame is damaged, is it a total loss?
- No. A vehicle is a total loss only when the price of repairs exceeds the insurance company’s determined value of your vehicle. Nowadays, most vehicles are built using unibody (frame and body as one) construction. Our highly skilled technicians, with the aid of our state-of-the-art computer measuring system, can return your vehicle to its original factory specifications. If it is determined that the frame section is bent beyond repair, that section can simply be replaced.
Can you match the paint color?
- Yes. Today’s modern factory finishes incorporate multiple layers of highly specialized paints. We have made a major investment in the finest paint system available and constantly upgrade its technology and equipment to ensure that each vehicle’s paint matches. We take special pride in our ability to match factory finishes as the final step in the restoration process.
Can I get other service work done on my vehicle while it is in the body shop?
- Yes. Just let your advisor know what other work you would like done so that he or she can make the necessary arrangements.
If you couldn't find what you were looking for, please contact Us and let us know how can we help you.
How can we help you?
SCHEDULE A COLLISION REPAIR TODAY!
The collision center here at Montrose Ford of Fairlawn is ready to repair frame damage, fix dents, apply a new coat of paint, and so much more. The only thing you need to do is schedule a service appointment online when you need a collision repair near Fairlawn, Akron, and Cleveland, Ohio.
|Monday to Friday